The Gay Men’s Sexual Health Alliance (GMSH) is a network of AIDS service organizations, whose mission is to support its members in building their own capacity, and the capacity among other service providers in their communities, to offer sexual health, HIV, and other services that meet the needs of cis- and trans-gender gay, bisexual, queer, two spirit and other men who have sex with men in Ontario.
The GMSH envisions for gay, bisexual, queer, two-spirit and other men who have sex with men in Ontario an environment free of new HIV transmissions, supportive of those infected and affected by HIV and affirming of full sexual and emotional lives untainted by stigma, violence and hate.
The Gay Men’s Sexual Health Coordinator (GMSH) works with all members of LGBTQ community as well as community partners to promote gay men’s sexual health within the catchment of HARS.
- Identifying issues in HIV prevention/MSM sexual health education.
- Partnering with agencies, groups, clubs and businesses in order to promote the health of gay, bi, and other men who have sex with men (MSM).
- Offering educational opportunities and networking events relevant to gay men’s sexual health.
- Working to enhance the quality of services utilized by gay men in the region by addressing issues of homophobia and heterosexism.
Some of the ways we do this include:
- M4M Online Outreach: Find us on Grindr, Scruff, Squirt and other networking apps. You might not have a question now, but add us to your favorites and keep us nearby when something comes to mind! We (staff and volunteers) offer confidential information on sexual health and coming out.
- m4mtalk: A monthly discussion group for gay, bi, and men who have sex with men. Check out our events calendar for upcoming discussions.
- M.I. Talk: A free, confidential, four week one-on-one counselling program in which you’ll have a change to freely discuss sex, your sexual health, relationships and any other topics you feel are related to the way you live your sex life. Click here for more information.
- Our Agenda.ca: Supporting a strong mind, body and community, the Gay Men’s Sexual Health Alliance (GMSH) of Ontario’s hub for all things related to M4M wellness.
- Visit and ‘Like’ the Eastern Ontario M4M Facebook Page.
- Visit www.thesexyouwant.ca