Using health promotion and community development principles, HIV/AIDS Regional Services carries out comprehensive HIV/AIDS education and support programs and limited Hepatitis C services.
Programs are based on regional, national and global trends and research.
HIV is the virus known to cause AIDS.
HIV/AIDS Regional Services aims to:
- Be an integral part of the community, providing inclusive and reliable professional services within a positive and respectful atmosphere.
- Increase the practice of harm reduction skills and strategies to prevent the transmission of HIV and Hepatitis C.
- Improve the quality of life for service users.
- Increase the capacity of communities to support those infected with and/or affected by HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C.
- Reduce the stigma, oppression and discrimination related to HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C.
- Co-ordinate our work with people and groups making similar efforts in other communities across Ontario and Canada and around the world.